My photo
Net Caught Mind Wanderings

Friday, 6 September 2013

Tit for Tat

As you have all percieved from this blog, I don't exactly lead the most whirlwind lifestyle.
It's cool, I know, you don't have to try and disagree, I'm okay with that.

The only time this becomes a problem though is because people have a tendency to tell me things; Who they like, what they've done, who they've done, what they've done.

Now I'm all to happy to sit and listen, and I encourage where necessary and I am one for never revealing secrets, even if the person doesn't says the key words [Don't tell anyone],

But once they've divulged their inner most....innings[?] to you, there's that awkward silence where you need to tell them something in return.

Homie don't play that.

After once in year 8 where I tested this girl, by telling her I liked someone I didn't and having someone come and ask me it was true less than half an hour later, I knew I was right in never trusting people with anything. What can I say? I was one sophisticated 12/13 year old.

Anyways as I was saying, it's awkward, because even if I do like someone I will swear up down left right and centre that I'm not interested in anyone.... Wait that's not what I was saying..... Okay I got it; I don't have anything tell them so it becomes awkward. I have now started either slightly fabricating stories that could be seen as scandalous or divulging the most minor of details. I.e.: I think so and so is cute.

Mostly because I realise that in certain places all conversation focuses on secrets, gossip and love lives, and no matter how hard you try and veer away from it, you always come back full circle.

If you can't beat 'em, pretend to join 'em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Unless clearly stated or quoted otherwise, everything on here is of my own life mind and thoughts and so I would appreciate if you intend to copy anything, please reference either the blog name, post title etc by form or a link. Thank you.


Letsnotbemelodramatic 2008©