My photo
Net Caught Mind Wanderings

Thursday, 3 October 2013

It's forth year bitches

So I'm starting..... or I guess I have technically started my forth year at university. And for those of you who don't know it's not because I did a placement year or anything, I did a foundation year first then did the normal three year degree. Bit of a mouthful to explain to people I just meet.

Anyways so I have a tendency to panic [very calmly and in a way that no one would notice] at the start of each new year mainly because I've never been very good at processing information and they bombard you with it. Module guides, assessment dates, tutorial dates, half way points, key facts, things that you don't need to think about but need to have in the back of your mind. On and on and on and on and it puts me straight into ostrich mode [Head in the sand]. In this mode I tend to not do anything for a week or so, allowing the odd pieces of paper etc. to build up and slowly subconscious allow the information to seep in.

To be honest even after this grace period I still have no idea what's going on and how the modules work etc and I don't even think all that information is even that important. Now I know some.... if not all of you will call me stupid and naive but hear me out. I am a good student, I turn up to all lessons and hand in all work on time, book tutorials even if I don't have anything major to show and communicate with my lectures. All of this I do without really knowing the mechanics of what counts towards what and what the weighting is. It doesn't matter because I do everything to the nest of my ability. It's worked for me over the past [16?] years of education and I maintain an above average grade point.

The freaking out thing I cannot help even though I know the way I operate and that all the specifics aren't necessarily forefront knowledge.

I've lost focus and I am just saying words so I'm just going to end this post with me saying that I am looking forward to getting the ball rolling with my final year and stuff, and even though I'm counting down the days until I have finished [223 days 22 hours 30 minutes and descending seconds] that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Unless clearly stated or quoted otherwise, everything on here is of my own life mind and thoughts and so I would appreciate if you intend to copy anything, please reference either the blog name, post title etc by form or a link. Thank you.


Letsnotbemelodramatic 2008©