My photo
Net Caught Mind Wanderings

Monday, 17 November 2014

Post Travel and other nicknacks

So it has been a little over three weeks since my return from my south american travels. I can only ride on doing such an amazing thing for so long, the novelty will soon wear off and when it does I need to be ready.

Hmmmm I have no idea what that previous sentence means, I kind of just wrote it without thinking. Anyways, I have FINALLY bought myself this book and it is basically a blank book with subject headings to make lists on, such as; Where you've been/Where you would like to go on every continent, what you would like to see around the world, etc etc. I have already filled in a few bits here and there. Anyways it's cool and I will keep it forever, cause that's just the kind of gal I am.



But, yes travel. I have been keeping in contact with three of the other girls I met on my travels; The Australian, The Belgian and The New Yorker. It's great to hear what they're up to. One of them sent me a picture if them by their hotel roof pool which overlooks the beach. This was a beautifully upsetting picture. And I just got a call from two of them which was nice, I miss the sound of international voices (Weird but True). Plus it was nice to hear them tell me that they're always talking about me saying "Jen would love this" "If Jen was here" "Jen's probably in bed watching Netflix". Plus after speaking with them, I can't go back to just lying in bed and watching my shows. I feel like I should be doing more, but it's 1am on a Monday morning. There is nothing to be done. I guess it's the same feeling I had when  I got back; Restless, bored, can't do nothing. And I am never bored, plus doing nothing is normally one of my favourite things to do. Knowing that somewhere in the world someone is doing more, and you could be too,

Sigh. The heart of a wanderer is only settled when it flies.

I have finally picked my graduation outfit and hairstyle. I am not really stressy/bothered about such things buts basically I had a dress in mind that took me less than an hour to find online (Forever 21) but when it came to ordering it they didn't have any left in stock..... Or in stores. Which was annoying and meant I had to start the search all over again. Which of course was impossible. I originally wanted to wear a dress but have since settled on a skirt and blouse combo that looks banging. I'm heading up on Wednesday night, graduation Thursday morning, going out in the evening then heading home on Friday.... and possibly going out Friday night depending on how I feel.
Side Note: Can I just make a prediction that my parents won't show up on time/be let in to my graduation. I know what they're like and it honestly doesn't bother me. It's my day not theirs. I know my mom would call this "Negative Confession" to predict such a thing, but it is what it is.

On the job front I have applied to a total of three Christmas positions. Suffice to say I am not trying very hard at all. In all honesty I'm just happy to sit and do nothing until the new year. Money wise.... I have some, but it would mean that I need to just not spend as much, which is doable as I don't really spend money as it is. 

I'll see how things go and I'll catch you on the flip side of education.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Unless clearly stated or quoted otherwise, everything on here is of my own life mind and thoughts and so I would appreciate if you intend to copy anything, please reference either the blog name, post title etc by form or a link. Thank you.


Letsnotbemelodramatic 2008©