My photo
Net Caught Mind Wanderings

Friday, 30 January 2015

New Favourite Show Alert

It's probably a little premature to write a review about it as only four episodes have aired to date but, I am totally loving the show Empire.

It is based on the Shakespearean play King Lear (which I have neither seen nor read) and tells the story of Lucious Lyon, the owner of a successful Record Label; Empire. On learning about a fatal illness he makes arrangements for his legacy by telling his three sons that one day he will leave everything to one of them. It becomes a game of brother against brother as each have their own reasons and methods of wanting to sit on the throne. Into the mix, Lucious' ex-wife and mother to his three kids, Cookie, has recently been let out of prison and she wants what she's owed.
The story based mainly in the present has a few jumps back to the past to the days when Lucious and Cookie where starting in the music industry.

I have basically just given you a full on bio which I actually didn't intend to do, so yeah, enjoy that. I love the show, it's funny, refreshing and Terrance Howard who plays Lucious Lyon is fine as hell. Also I love the character of Cookie, she point blank straight u fearless, and so is Taraji Henson who plays her.
I don't know if there's going to be a UK release on the show (Though I wouldn't hold my breath) but if you have the time start it up.



Last year my favourite new show was Reign (The one about Mary Queen of Scotts) but that has taken a serious back burner and I believe I've only watched two episodes and don't see myself continuing anytime in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Unless clearly stated or quoted otherwise, everything on here is of my own life mind and thoughts and so I would appreciate if you intend to copy anything, please reference either the blog name, post title etc by form or a link. Thank you.


Letsnotbemelodramatic 2008©