My photo
Net Caught Mind Wanderings

Saturday, 30 January 2016

Our Last Night


I can't remember who the last band Shout Out was about, but it doesn't matter, as I would like to introduce you all to Our Last Night.

A quick backstory of how they got on my radar: My sister accidentally discovered their cover of Selena Gomez's The Heart Wants What It Wants, and she only showed it to me because it made her laugh. Not because it was bad, but because there was an unexpected "screamo" moment in there.... Ooops spoiler alert. Anyways I liked the cover and saw they had quite a few more that I decided to listen to.
They've done; One Direction - Drag Me Down, The Weekend - Can't Feel  My Face, Nsync - Bye Bye Bye, and a bunch of others.

My Favourites are probably their covers of Tove Lo - Habits, Zedd - Clarity, and two I've already mentioned, (Drag Me Down and By Bye Bye.)





The covers were pretty unique because of the whole instruments thing and occasional "screamo" thing, and their voices as well to be honest are really good.
From there I listened to their album Younger Dreams which isn't to bad, there are two or three songs on their that are pretty dope, especially the song "Home".
I've waffled slightly, but all in all I think the band is swell, so give them a listen if you're into Alternative music or you're just looking for something new.

Did I mention the band members are pretty cute on that whole "I'm in a band" scale?

If anyone is hooked drop me a line because I wouldn't mind going to see them if they come to the UK :)

Here's a link to their Youtube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC599MoN2FAQyhHeopdKDHqA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Unless clearly stated or quoted otherwise, everything on here is of my own life mind and thoughts and so I would appreciate if you intend to copy anything, please reference either the blog name, post title etc by form or a link. Thank you.


Letsnotbemelodramatic 2008©