My photo
Net Caught Mind Wanderings

Wednesday, 13 January 2016

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

Just wanted to shout out to this book I just read. I loved it. It's now on my favourite books list.

I knew that a well known book called "The Bell  Jar" Existed, and I knew that Sylvia Plath was a poet who committed suicide by putting her head in a gas oven, however I didn't know she had written the book. This does explain why it reads like a beautiful piece of poetry.

I thought it followed well, was relatable and was clever. I can understand why it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you feel we have similar tastes then give it a read.


2 comments:

  1. What's the plot? No spoilers but I hate surprises ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is incredibly contradictory! I don't know what to say; A very clever young writer used to getting everything she works for in life, is knocked back and has to evaluate how to be happy.
      More or less!

      Delete

Copyright

Unless clearly stated or quoted otherwise, everything on here is of my own life mind and thoughts and so I would appreciate if you intend to copy anything, please reference either the blog name, post title etc by form or a link. Thank you.


Letsnotbemelodramatic 2008©