My photo
Net Caught Mind Wanderings

Friday, 12 February 2016

Blog Challenge: Day 13 - What's Inside Your Fridge

Normally there is nothing in my fridge - like legit nothing and we have two fridges so can you imagine how depressing that is for me to be opening and closing two different fridge doors and still walking out the kitchen hungry?

Any whom, due to my new Vegetarian Experimentation, I have two shelves in one of my fridges stocked with food. Hazar.


Don't hold you breath for anything exciting, I just have a bunch of ingredients. I had just made a tasty Leek and Potato soup so I've got one Leek Left (poor lonely Leek). I have tomatoes because I'll probably make a Tomato and Basil Soup in the week - I really like making Soup. I have a Butternut Squash soup that I bough. Kale, Garlic Bread, Mango, Cheese, Yoghurt, Avocado, Mushrooms, Asparagus, Cheese, Butter, Double Cream and I think in the back is this Sweet Potato with Garlic Ginger and Corriander thing I made. I also had carrot sticks.... but I ate them.

I think what's fun about being a Veg  Head is that I get to try out cooking things I normally wouldn't have done, and it's reminded me how much I actually enjoy cooking. Might cook up the mushrooms tomorrow or make some more mac and cheese.

And to show you what I mean about how my fridge would normally look if I hadn't have gone out to buy stuff specifically to help the Veg Head process....



Yup. Just a pot of rice. and I believe some left over food was in the other fridge. Granted it's Friday but it legit looks like this 6/7 days of the week.

Don't worry I don't starve, we have three freezers that are stuffed to the brim and two cupboards full of canned stuff. We tend to just cook a lot of food as opposed to buying stuff that will need to sit in a fridge if you know what I mean. But obviously when you just want to pick something up to snack on, it's not ideal.

2 comments:

  1. One of the best things about where I am now is that I have unlimited access to the fridge. But I've noticed since I've been here a while that we eat the same thing all the time and it's a little heartbreaking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when you being to picture the foods that you would have if this were your fridge. Don't do that though, that'll really break your heart.

      Delete

Copyright

Unless clearly stated or quoted otherwise, everything on here is of my own life mind and thoughts and so I would appreciate if you intend to copy anything, please reference either the blog name, post title etc by form or a link. Thank you.


Letsnotbemelodramatic 2008©