My photo
Net Caught Mind Wanderings

Monday, 14 March 2016

Friend Ditcher

I've been doing this for years and I can't help myself, and in all honesty I don't see it as a bad thing.

Sometimes its a slow festering well thought out plan. Other times it comes to me out of the blue.

Like I was sat in bed watching something on YouTube completely unrelated, and one of the voices in my head says to me; You're finished with A and B. And as always, the voice was right. I guess the voice echoes a subconscious thought perhaps? I don't know.

Anyway like I said, this happens often, and by often I mean every 3-5 years depending on how long I've known someone. Normally it boils down to the fact that I end up not entirely being myself around them, we don't catch the same vibe so we're wasting time being friends in the long run, or they are just annoying beyond words and no amount of talking it out or ignoring it helps. I honestly respect myself too much to waste my time and money meeting up/going out with people I don't like any more, or who I would have faded away from in the long run

Obviously there are logical reasons involved, I don't blindly listen to the voices in my head, I'll have you know that I happen to be a high functioning psychopath.

So what do you think? Am I just a quitter? Am I just incredibly mean, or does someone out there actually relate or at least have a semblance of understanding for the point I'm trying to convey?







You can't tell how much of the side talk was real can you?
Yeah. Me neither.
Or me.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could drop more people out of my life to be honest. I only let go of people when the friendship has died out and even then I struggle not to contact them or promise to meet up with them if we see each other on the street. Now, if someone treats me badly I have no qualms about letting them go, like why waste the emotional energy?! so I don't think you're being mean, in reality you have to do what's best for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your semblance of understanding

      Delete

Copyright

Unless clearly stated or quoted otherwise, everything on here is of my own life mind and thoughts and so I would appreciate if you intend to copy anything, please reference either the blog name, post title etc by form or a link. Thank you.


Letsnotbemelodramatic 2008©