My photo
Net Caught Mind Wanderings

Sunday, 6 March 2016

Label Me Crazy

Why do I always get strange looks when I mention that I am doing something alone?
Whether it's going away, going to the cinema, going for a run, going for some food, going for a drive.
I literally cannot catch a break from humans whose jaws drop in shock horror, whose heads shake in disbelief, whose eyes glaze over as they fail to understand.

Why do I have to have a companion I neither want nor need?

Why is doing something by ones self seen as such a rarity. An oddity.

You're born alone and you die alone.

I'm not putting down people who have to have someone at their side for every menial task (even though I would be the one whose eyes glaze over as I fail to understand) It's just slightly concerning that everyone is so reliant on others. You won't see a film you've been dying to watch because no one will go with you so you wait until it's out on DVD instead of just buying a ticket for one. etc etc etc

I love my own company and there is nothing wrong with that, I always have an I always will, if anything it's made me strong willed, I have never been perceptible to peer pressure, or followed the crowd, I do what I want when I want and don't have to explain myself to anybody.

It's a freeing life worth trying, even if you start by seeing a film alone.

2 comments:

  1. Need to take a leaf out of your book for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do prefer shopping on my own though

      Delete

Copyright

Unless clearly stated or quoted otherwise, everything on here is of my own life mind and thoughts and so I would appreciate if you intend to copy anything, please reference either the blog name, post title etc by form or a link. Thank you.


Letsnotbemelodramatic 2008©