My photo
Net Caught Mind Wanderings

Sunday, 6 March 2016

Why Speak When No One Is Listening?

One of my set of friends is me and two guys - well actually I think I have two sets like this but with these two in particular, they never listen to anything I say.

It's not on purpose they just don't hear me when I speak and so I have stopped speaking. And by that I mean, I will chime into a conversation with an opinion or a word of agreement, but  I don't bother telling them anything about myself. We maybe see each other once a month or once every few months depending on our schedules, it's nice as there's no pressure which is what  I look for with all my friends.

Anyways I like to randomly test them to see if they'll pick up any hints I throw.

"B has gone to Prague for a few days and it's funny because I just got back"

They were like; oh yeah I saw B's snapchat/she posted a pick on facebook. Then they moved on to something about themselves, not picking up on me saying I just got back.

I know you are reading this and thinking; Just tell them you went away, or just bring up something about yourself.

There are two reasons why I don't
1) It actually just more fun for me this way
2) I am a very private person (despite typing out life events on a blog) and so if I don't have to tell you something then I won't. If you ask I might but then again I might evade the question completely.

I like hanging out with these guys, we do get on - mostly - and whether you want to call them selfish or me closed off is irrelevant because at the end of the day I'm sure I've said this before but; I never shout to be heard, if your listening you can hear what I'm saying just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Unless clearly stated or quoted otherwise, everything on here is of my own life mind and thoughts and so I would appreciate if you intend to copy anything, please reference either the blog name, post title etc by form or a link. Thank you.


Letsnotbemelodramatic 2008©